Stay informed about key dates at the studio including holidays and make-up days for weather closings.
The calendar is based on 32 classes/year. Due to various holidays, Princeton Youth Ballet performances, and specific teacher absences, the schedule is not always intuitive. Email reminders will be sent throughout the year, so please watch your inbox for calendar notifications.
Please note that we are NOT off for teachers convention weekend this year, and we are not off for Yom Kippur. With other holidays and Princeton Youth Ballet performances, we had trouble finding enough Fridays and Saturdays through the school year to get to the needed 32.
Monday, September 4 Labor Day
Friday, September 8 First Day of PDT Classes
Thursday, September 21 Closed (Rosh Hashana)
Tuesday, October 31 Closed (Halloween)
Tuesday, November 21- Closed (Thanksgiving)
Sunday, November 26
Friday, December 8- Closed (Princeton Youth Ballet Nutcracker)
Sunday, December 10
Tuesday, December 19- Closed (Winter Holiday Break)
Monday, January 1
Monday, January 15 Closed (MLK Day)
Monday, February 19- Closed (Mid-Winter Break)
Wednesday, February 21
Wednesday, March 28*- Closed (Spring Break)
Friday, April 6
Friday, May 4- Closed (Princeton Youth Ballet Spring Performance)
Saturday, May 5 There will be Rec Ballet Class on Sunday 5/6
Saturday, May 26- Closed (Memorial Day Weekend)
Monday, May 28
Saturday, June 2 Mandatory PDT Showcase Rehearsal AT PDT
Sunday, June 3 PDT Showcase
*On Wednesday, March 28, there will be class for CP and Level 4 and Level 5 students only.
Session Dates 2017/2018
- The PDT calendar is based on 32 weeks from September through June.
- Registration for the following classes is for the entire year: Primary Ballet (A, B, C) and Level 1 through CP Ballet; Hip Hop, Modern, Tap, Jazz (excluding Adult/Teen classes).
- Registration for the following classes is by session: Dance With Me, Pre-Primary, Recreational Ballet, Adult Only Ballet, Adult/Teen Ballet, Adult/Teen Jazz, Adult/Teen Tap
- The 32 weeks is divided into a 10-week Fall session, a 10-week Winter Session, and a 12 week Spring session.
- All classes follow the same calendar in terms of vacation days and closures.
- Why are the dates so crazy? Each class must run for exactly 32 weeks. Every sessioned class must run for exactly 10 or 12 weeks. Please watch your email for calendar reminders throughout the year.
Fall Session Dates
Monday, September 11 – Monday, November 13
Tuesday, September 12 – Tuesday, November 28
Wednesday, September 13 – Wednesday, November 15
Thursday, September 14 – Thursday, November 30
Friday, September 8 – Friday, November 10
Saturday, September 9 – Saturday, November 11
Sunday, September 10 – Sunday, November 12
Winter Session Dates
Monday, November 20 – Monday, February 12
Tuesday, December 5 – Tuesday, February 27
Wednesday, November 29 – Wednesday, February 14
Thursday, December 7 – Thursday, February 22
Friday, December November 17 – Friday, February 16
Saturday, November 18 – Saturday, February 17
Sunday, November 19 – Sunday, February 18
Spring Session Dates
Monday, February 26 – Monday, May 21
Tuesday, March 6 – Tuesday, May 29
Wednesday, February 28 – Wednesday, May 30
Thursday, March 1 – Thursday, May 31
Friday, February 23 – Friday, June 1
Saturday, February 24 – Saturday, June 2
Sunday, February 25 – Sunday, May 20