Stay informed about key dates at the studio including holidays and make-up days for weather closings.
The calendar is based on 32 classes/year. Due to various holidays, Princeton Youth Ballet performances, and specific teacher absences, the schedule is not intuitive. Email reminders will be sent throughout the year, so please watch your inbox for calendar notifications.
Tues. &Wed, April 16&17 Snow day make up classes
Thursday, April 18 Hip Hop make up
Thurs. April 18 – Fri., April 26 CLOSED Spring Break
Friday, May 3 CLOSED
Saturday, May 4 CLOSED PYB Show
Saturday, May 25-
Monday, May 27 CLOSED Memorial Day Weekend
Saturday, June 1 Last day of classes
Rehearsal at PDT for showcase
Sunday, June 2 Showcase at TCNJ
Monday, Sept. 16 First day of classes
Monday, Sept. 30 Closed for Rosh Hashana
Tuesday, Oct. 8 Closed Yom Kippur
Wednesday, Oct. 9 Closed Yom Kippur
Thursday, Oct. 31 Closed Halloween
Thursday, Nov. 7- Closed Teacher Convention
Friday, Nov. 8
Tuesday, Nov. 26- Closed Thanksgiving Break
Sunday, Dec. 1
Friday, Dec. 6- Closed. PYB Show
Sunday, Dec. 8
Monday, Dec. 16- Observation Week
Sunday, Dec. 22
Monday, Dec. 23- Closed Holiday Break
Wed. Jan. 1
Monday, Jan. 20 Closed MLK Day
Thursday, Feb. 13- Closed Midwinter Break
Monday, Feb. 17
Monday, March 30- Observation Week
Sunday, April 5
Tuesday, April 7- Closed Spring Break
Thursday, April 16
Friday, May 1- Closed PYB Show
Saturday, May 2
Saturday, May 23- Closed Memorial Day Wknd
Wednesday, May 27
Saturday, June 13 Last day of classes, showcase rehearsal
Sunday, June 14 Showcase
For most classes, registration is for the entire year, even if you pay in installments. For the following classes, registration is in sessions: Dance With Me, Pre Primary, Recreational Ballet, Adult/Teen Classes (Ballet, Tap, Jazz). The fall and winter sessions run for 10 classes each. The spring session runs for 12 classes.
Fall Session (10 Weeks)
Winter Session (10 Weeks)
Spring Session (12 Weeks)
- The PDT calendar is based on 32 weeks from September through June.
- Registration for the following classes is for the entire year: Primary Ballet (A, B, C) and Level 1 through CP Ballet; Hip Hop, Modern, Tap, Jazz (excluding Adult/Teen classes).
- Registration for the following classes is by session: Dance With Me, Pre-Primary, Recreational Ballet, Adult Only Ballet, Adult/Teen Ballet, Adult/Teen Jazz, Adult/Teen Tap
- The 32 weeks is divided into a 10-week Fall session, a 10-week Winter Session, and a 12 week Spring session.
- All classes follow the same calendar in terms of vacation days and closures.
- Why are the dates so crazy? Each class must run for exactly 32 weeks. Every sessioned class must run for exactly 10 or 12 weeks. Please watch your email for calendar reminders throughout the year.